Equine Assisted Learning with Humble Hooves
What is Equine Assisted Learning with Humble Hooves?
(Saanich and Cobble Hill locations)
Equine Assisted learning (EAL) is a learner-based educational experience with horses as teachers. More specifically, EAL is life-skills program that encourages individual and team growth. Each week, participants engage in objectively driven ground exercises. Please note* this is a non-riding, groundwork program where participants work in teams: 2 humans and 1 horse.
EAL facilitates the learning of life skills through positive reinforced interaction with horses. There is no “right or wrong” way of moving through the exercises as participants determine their own pace. The positive environment has been specifically developed to encourage self confidence through validated hands on experiences.
Humble Hooves and Heart Lake Farm have a passion to support community members that are living with brain injury. All VBIS clients, families, friends, and support teams are encouraged to participate at no cost.
THE NEXT SESSION WILL TAKE PLACE IN APRIL, 2021
Potential Benefits to the participants:
- Learn tools to re-establish connections with self and others
- Build relationships as a group/community
- Learn skills such as: trust, effective communication and appropriate team decision making
- Promote learning in a natural outdoor setting
- Learn about boundaries with themselves and others
- Improves personal awareness while enhancing verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Provides insight into group dynamics while enhancing problem solving skills
- Promotes patience well considering the needs and views of others
- Provides an opportunity to empower individuals to expand personal comfort zones while building confidence and self esteem
- Provides an appreciation for difference and diversity
- Develops abilities to be smart risk takers and fair-minded team players
This program has been fully funded so there is no cost to any participants for the program.
If you are interested in this program please contact VBIS at email@example.com or 250-598-9339
Send a Message