June is Brain Injury Awareness Month
June is brain injury awareness month and Victoria Brain Injury Society is working hard to raise funds and awareness to support brain injury survivors. Approximately 25 new brain injury survivors approach us each month looking for help. It takes bravery and courage for brain injury survivors to reach out for help and we’re asking our amazing community to help us raise $2500 so that when someone reaches out for help we can provide the support they need as quickly as possible.
There’s lots of fun ways you can help us hit our target and support brain injury survivors and their families:
1. Bottle drive – We’re hosting a bottle drive throughout June. Bring your bottles and cans into the office any time 10-3 Monday-Thursday between now and the end of June. Get your friends and neighbours involved in collecting. We have posters available for you to print out and customize.
2. Play puzzle game 1313 - download the game for free at the App store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at free on iTunes https://goo.gl/TFvi6D and Free on Google Play https://goo.gl/WhdP2A. Don’t forget to tell your friends about the game by sharing your score.
3. Donate items for our garage sale on Saturday June 25th. Items can be donated at the VBIS office or you can schedule a pick up by calling 250 598 9339. We’re happy to receive household items, electronics, clothes, toys and books. So clean out your closet, tidy up the toys and pack them up for a great cause! Don’t forget to come and browse the treasures on Saturday June 25th.
4. Host your own fundraising event – maybe bring some goodies in to work for a bake sale or have a fundraising tea. There’re lots of great ideas and suggestions in our fundraising booklet. We even have posters ready for you to print!
5. Host a box of green brain injury awareness ribbons - we can provide donation boxes and ribbons as well as posters to you. Contact Krissi at 250 598 9339 for your ribbons. Can’t host a box then buy your ribbon from stores around town or from the VBIS office. Prefer a virtual ribbon – save the image and use it as your online photo. You can donate online at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/victoria-brain-injury-society/
6. Like our Facebook page and share our posts with your friends and family. The more people that know about brain injury the better!
7. Sign up for our Thriftys or Fairways card. Find out how at http://vbis.ca/donate-grocery-store. Fundraising never tasted this good.
Have a fundraising idea but not sure how to make it happen. Contact Krissi 250 598 9339. Want to encourage others to help in the fundraising? Download a poster with these fun fundraisers on it.